The Strategic Alliance Cyber Crime Working Group is a special task force of international cyber cops; they met in
The global law enforcement community has been building operational partnerships as the need arose; this is just the latest initiative to share intelligence. The group was first formed in 2006.
Some of their activities and accomplishments:
- Collectively developed a comprehensive overview of the transnational cyber threat—including current and emerging trends, vulnerabilities, and strategic initiatives for the working group to pursue (note: the report is available only to law enforcement);
- Set up a special area on Law Enforcement Online, the FBI’s secure Internet portal, to share information and intelligence;
- Launched a series of information bulletins on emerging threats and trends (for example, we drafted a bulletin recently describing how peer-to-peer, or P2P, file sharing programs can inadvertently leak vast amounts of sensitive national security, financial, medical, and other information);
- Began exploring an exchange of cyber experts to serve on joint international task forces and to learn each other’s investigative techniques firsthand; and
- Shared training curriculums and provided targeted training to international cyber professionals.